The Kingston Heirloom Quilters and Limestone Quilters Guild are very active groups meeting regularly during the year in Kingston, Ontario. Members of the two groups number in the hundreds and many members belong to both groups. Volunteers from the two groups are meeting regularly now to set in place the plans for the 2015 Quilts Kingston Show to be held at the Royal Kingston Curling Club on Days Road, June 12, 13 and 14th, 2015.
The Kingston Heirloom Quilters was formed in 1979 and the members meet at St. John's Church located in lovely Portsmouth Village on Church Street the first Tuesday and fourth Thursday from 9:30-3 pm. Everyone welcome.
Read more about their history here: http://quiltskingston.org/khq/AboutKHQ.htm
The Limestone Quilters Guild meets at the Seniors Association of Kingston at 56 Francis Street on the first Wednesday evening of each month September through June, at 7 pm. Everyone welcome. Please visit the LQG Blog for more information:
Those of you who have visited the amazing QUILTS KINGSTON Shows in past years are certainly in for a treat when you come to the Show site with friends and fellow quilters. Typically, our show offers the visitors hundreds of spectacular QUILTS to see and enjoy.
We are once again planning to feature a display of hundreds of traditional and contemporary quilts and wall hangings by the Kingston Heirloom Quilters and the Limestone Quilters' Guild. Many of the quilts will be award winning local and national Quilts.
AND just for you, our very special visitors:
- The Sir John A. MacDonald Challenge
- Quilts for sale
- Door Prizes throughout the weekend
- Quilt Guild Members Boutique including beautiful hand made items and gifts
- Merchants' Mall including Scissor & Rotary Cutter Sharpening
- Care and Repair of quilts (Bring your quilted treasures that need some TLC if you don't know what to do. We'll guide you on what to do.)
- A display by the Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts
- Viewers Choice Award
- Quilt Appraisal Professional
- Featured Quilter (to be announced)
- Consignment items created by our members
- Demonstrations by our Guild members intended to get YOU involved
- The Royal Kingston Curling Club is wheelchair accessible
- Ample parking and the parking is free.
- Local Quilt Shops will be open and offer amazing inventory for our visitors
Please follow the QUILTS KINGSTON 2015 blog and the website updates at both the KHQ and Limestone Guild links here as the year progresses. Please join us at meetings, special events and always at our individual Guild websites for meeting dates and schedules and all of the Kingston area Quilt news: