Quilts Kingston 2015 will feature a display of the quilts created for the Sir John A./Sir John, Eh? Challenge. Members of both the Kingston Heirloom Quilters and the Limestone Quilters Guild are eligible to participate in the Challenge. The Challenge Quilts will be shared during the Qult Show to be held June 12 – 14, 2015
In 2015, Sir John A. Macdonald, Kingston lawyer and first Prime Minister of Canada, turns 200.
To celebrate, the Quilts Kingston 2015 Challenge is “Sir John A. / Sir John, Eh?”
For a link to the latest issue of the Sir John A Celebration year informational online NEWSLETTER, click HERE
(a wrap of stories, events, ongoing and upcoming to mark the 200th Birthday of Sir John A. Macdonald... )
General Competition details:
* Entrants must be current members of either the Kingston Heirloom Quilters (KHQ) or the Limestone Quilters’ Guild (LQG);
* Quilt perimeter not to exceed 150 inches (e.g., a 3 foot square is 144 inches);
* No minimum size;
* Unlike previous challenge competitions, this year there is no entry fee;
* A link to the Challenge Rules and Entry form may be found here
* Entry form to be submitted no later than March 4th, 2015.